Sunday, March 9, 2014

Dubl-R Burgers

          Burger joints are a quite a common site in any town. The one I went to today was no different and it was quite good as well. My friends Mackenzie, Michael and Mitch wanted to go to Dubl-R Burgers today. Mitch and Michael have an ongoing ranking for local burger places in Waco and their next stop was at this hole in the wall place. Dubl-R boasts “Old Fashioned Hamburgers Since 1996” and is a local favorite. Although this restaurant is located deep into Waco, away from I-35, it still sees a lot of business.
          Dubl-R Burgers looks really sketchy, but the food is pretty good. The interior reminds me of an old-time cafe. One room in particular caught my eye. The wall in that room is covered in different license plates and it is an awesome sight. Dubl-R even has a drive-thru, however, they only have one small bathroom for both genders.

          The service wasn't as nice as I expected. They do bring the food out to you, but because it’s relatively busy, with people going in and out, they hurried my friends and I. It wasn't that they were being mean, but they simply took our orders and went on with their work.
          On the other hand, the food is fantastic. The burger was amazing. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger with fries and a milkshake.
          The burger was small enough to fit in my mouth and the buns were perfectly toasted. Additionally, the beef patty was not at all salty, perfect for my taste buds.

          However, the shakes and fries were not what I was expecting. The fries were unsalted and where kind of bland. I didn't care for them that much. The shake I ordered was ¼ parts chocolate and ¾ parts vanilla. I was awesome that the staff was accommodating with my order, however the shake didn’t turn out that well. I’d probably order just a plain vanilla or plain chocolate shake next time. It did, however, come in a huge serving and my friends and I shared mine.

          Overall, I would give this place a pretty high rating simply because of the burger. Although the fries I ordered weren't that great, they had a wide variety of different fries that I will choose from next time I go. Michael and Mitch even gave it a ranking tied for second with another local burger joint. It’s these little whole in the wall gems that make visiting different restaurants so interesting and I can’t wait to come back to Dubl-R Burgers for a fresh new order.

No comments:

Post a Comment