Sunday, March 2, 2014

Hello Fellow Readers! Before I post my next food post, I wanted to make an announcement. I will now start adding pictures of the food I eat to the posts. In addition, I will add the photos of the food from my first blog post until now. Thanks for sticking with me and I hope that this blog is as tasty for you as it is for me!


          I usually write these blogs write after I try a new restaurant, but this time it’s a little late. Unfortunately, Waco Roll, a local Asian restaurant, is not open on Sundays, so I went a few days ago and I really enjoyed my experience.
          It was a late night and my friend, Christine Tran, and I were in the mood for some good Asian cuisine. Christine’s favorite Asian restaurant in Waco is Waco Roll, so we went there for dinner. It’s located right off of Highway 6 near I-35 and there were plenty of parking spots everywhere.
          Upon entering the restaurant, which was part of a small strip center, the warm lighting and wooden walls put me in a calm state. The ambience was very homelike, but also very classic. There were tinted windows which overlooked leather booths and classy red-wood tables. It was also very clean. The service was also really nice; the waiters and waitresses were accommodating without orders. Additionally, they aren’t allowed to take tips at the ordering and cashier line. One of the waitresses said, “It’s the thought that counts,” when I attempted to write down a tip.
          Waco Roll has an extensive menu, ranging from Japanese food to Korean food. I ordered edamame, a typical Japanese appetizer, and their bibimbap, a Korean entrée. We went and sat down at a booth. We both had water and it came in a small, disposable cup that we refilled ourselves. This restaurant was more of an independent eatery, perfect for people who don’t like to be bothered my staff that often.
          The edamame was pretty standard, but it also had the perfect amount of salt on it. It came in a green basket and was a fairly decent portion.

          The bibimbap came out with the edamame and came in a huge portion. It had some many different vegetables in it. Additionally, you were able to pick the meat and type of rice you wanted to go with it. I chose black rice, a healthier option, and beef. Typical Korean BBQ dishes have their meat soaked in a special sauce. It is very sweet and one of my favorite flavors in the world. To my surprise, my bibimbap came with a kimchi soup on the side. The soup was salty and sour, but pretty good. Unlike regular kimchi, this kimchi was not spicy at all and the soup was also cold. The bibimbap was amazing. It came with sauce and without the sauce the dish was rather bland. With the sauce, the entrée was so good. The different flavors and textures melded in your mouth so well. The dish was chewy, slightly crunchy and also a little slimy, but not in a bad way. The beef, dipped in the traditional Korean BBQ sauce, was sweet and delicious.


          Overall, I highly recommend this restaurant to all people. The service is great, although sometimes they make mistakes with the orders, and the atmosphere has such a soft and pleasant ambience. It is more on the pricey side, but the portions are also huge. Out of all the restaurants I have reviews so far, this is by far my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment